CEO Round Table - "Robots and People working together"
"Robots and People Working Together" - This was the topic of the 8th IFR CEO Round Table Discussion at the Automate 2015 in Chicago. The man-machine partnership will assume a key role in advancing intelligent production visions. Initial applications have been realised in the automotive industry. A robot researcher Professor Henrik Christensen, Georgia Tech, discussed with CEOs of robot suppliers from Europe, America and Japan on challenges and chances of the human robot collaboration.
After the presentation of the latest figures on the global robot market by the IFR President Arturo Baroncelli, Comau, the panel discussion started.
On the panel:
- Professor Henrik Christensen, Executive Director, Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Machines, Georgia Tech, USA
- Rodney Brooks, Chairman and CTO, Rethink Robotics, USA
- Phil Crowther, Global Product Manager Small Robots, ABB, China
- Enrico Krog Iversen, CEO, Universal Robots, Denmark
- Masahiro Ogawa, Chairman & CEO, Yaskawa America, USA
- Stuart Shepherd, Vice President Sales Americas, KUKA US Holding, USA
The discussion was led by Bill Lydon, Editor of Automation.com & InTech Magazine, USA. The panelists emphasized the easy handling of the robots. No intensive training is necessary to operate different kinds of application. The new generation of operators grew up with computer technology and they catch up the features immediately. The discussion was followed by questions of the audience.